CIMA Ireland is delighted to welcome Caroline Keenan, Tax Partner and Cathy Kennedy, Associate Director from ASM Belfast, to discuss R&D Tax Relief with our membership.
They will begin with a quick refresher on the basic rules and guidance before delving into recent changes within HMRC, the shifting landscape as regards R&D claims, and how to make sure your Company is claiming the most R&D Tax Relief possible, whilst also ensuring strict adherence to the legislation and building a strong evidence base in the event of a potential enquiry.
• Definition of R&D for tax purposes
• SME scheme versus Large scheme and interaction of grants
• Qualifying activities
• Qualifying Costs
• Recent changes in approach by HMRC
• What have we learned from recent HMRC enquiries
• How to help Company build strong evidential base and the importance of Real Time Analysis
• Danger areas when completing an R&D Tax Relief claim
Date: Thursday 10 November 2022
Cost: Free of charge